[iBook] Fantasy Mac Buying

Richard J Laue rjlauelists at hawaiiantel.net
Thu Aug 23 06:54:05 PDT 2007

>I'll be using it a lot, for work (I'm freelance so I can't *not*
>have a computer)

The answer to your question is in the above line.

One thing you'll get (among others) with a new MacBook is a warranty,
and if you buy Applecare -- and you should! -- you've got three
year's worth of protection for your livelihood-necessary primary tool.

I just went through a similar excercise -- retain 2 yr-old iBook vs
upgrade to MacBook -- and like you, I absolutely depend on my laptop
for my daily bread.  Every way I did the math (or the day-dreaming!)
it came out in favor of getting the new machine.

BTW -- you can help relieve yourself of the agonizing by spending 15
or 20 minutes with one of the new machines.  You'll quickly be sold,
and I promise you, after a week or so you'll be wondering what took
you so long!

Cheers and aloha -
RJLaue