[iBook] Double layer superdrive

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 02:03:00 PST 2007

Hi James,

Your burning software should be able to recognize what type of disks that
you are using. Of course, when burning double layer discs you need the 8.7
double layer media. I didn't know that fact when I first started attempting
to burn in the DL format. I spent a good few hours screwing up.

I use Toast and it has you choose which media you want, either "DVD" or "DVD
DL". I only use DL discs on occasion as they are still relatively expensive.
I only buy them when they are around a buck apiece.

Bill
Montreal