[iBook] Double layer superdrive

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Mon Dec 3 23:20:27 PST 2007

At 2:32 AM -0700 12/2/07, James Paul Manley wrote:
>I have one of the new intel 24" dual core macs & I would assume
>all those macs would come with double layer.
>
>Does it burn both sides by itself or do you have to kick it out &
>flip it over?
>
>--

There are Dual Layer disks and there are Double Sided.  There are
even Double Sided, Dual Layer for a total of 4 layers with 19 Gb of
space.  I don't know of DVD-Rs like that but there could be.

Dual Layer disks can be burned without changing the disk.  The only
double sided disks I've run into are video disks, often the opposite
side has an alternate version of the movie, wide screen vs full
screen.  These disks have to be flipped manually, at least in my
player.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA