[iBook] The iPhone: Touchscreen interface, runs Mac OS X, ships in June (Keynote notes)

Anne Cartwright cartwrig at aye.net
Wed Jan 10 20:18:10 PST 2007

Angus,

It is my understanding that the iPhone will be running something akin to
Mac OS X lite. Also you will not be able to add any applications. Apple
may come out with some more for it , but initially what you buy is it.
That's not all bad since they seem to have so much on it and with the
limited drive (4 or 8 GB) you wouldn't be able to add much and still use
it for music, video, etc. that it is designed for. (No telling what
future generations of the iPhone will be like, especially if it evolves
like the iPod has.)

Also it sounds like the resolution of the touch screen is really much
better that any other screen in a handheld.

My main problem is I can't see what I would need it for. I don't have a
cell phone or iPod or PDA and get along nicely, in my own way, with my
iMac and PowerBook. But the iPhone really, really looks neat!

Anne Cartwright