[iBook] Brrrrrr

Rebecca Hoffman rjhoffman at runbox.com
Wed Jan 17 14:25:31 PST 2007

I have a G3 800GHz iBook running OS10.3.9.

It's been freezing; it stops responding to the tracpad or keyboard
commands and I have to shut the computer down manually and reboot. This
always happens when I set it down and walk away from it, even for a few
minutes. It has never happened while I was actively working on
anything. It has done this periodically for some time, but the problem
is becoming more frequent.

When this happened in the past I would run the Disk Utility on my
install disks and then run Cocktail. After that it would run just fine
and I would have no problem with it for weeks.

It froze today; I ran Disk Utility and Cocktail and a few minutes
later, it froze again.

Is this a sign (from the great beyond or somewhere else) that I need to
get a new computer?

Rebecca
cold with fear in Portland