[iBook] My ibook G3 800 mhz

Chris Oinonen Ehren oinonenehren at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 14:26:51 PST 2007

This is a weird question.   I am trying to pin down what model of
ibook I have because I have a control/apple key that won't stay on
the keyboard.  I suspect some tiny plastic orifice or protuberance
has snapped off, and I can't seem to find anyone who sells individual
keys, so it looks like I need a new keyboard, but I don't want to
order the wrong one.   One of the big identifiers is the "display
size", one option being 12.1" the other 14.1".   Trouble is, when I
take my tape measure to it, even if I measure horizontally and
include the frame, not just the display, the most I can get is
11.25.  How can this be?  I don't find any record of 11.1" displays
anywhere.   Is this just the sales department exaggerating (again) or
do I have some kind of feral half-mac or mutation?

Other distinguishing features:  It has a translucent case & keyboard
and non-metallic audio port (can you tell I've been to I love macs?)
and its cd drive is tray loaded.

I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me with my
identification.   Also, is there anyone out there with a defunct
keyboard who would be willing to sell me just the command key and the
bearing underneath?  Or sell me the whole thing, I don't care if the
electronics are fried, all I need are the little plastic bits.  Or is
there any chance that someone knows where individual keys can be
purchased?

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave,
Chris
oinonenehren at comcast.net