[iBook] re.: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on dual USB ibook 500 MB

Bob Kennedy rck774200 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:10:00 PDT 2007

Re.: installing OS X 10.4, optical drive gone on dual USB ibook 500 MB.

Excellent detailed instructions at these two articles.

SEE:

http://lowendmac.com/misc/06/0710.html
Installing OS X 10.4 'Tiger' on DVD-Challenged Macs Using FireWire Target
Disk Mode
Charles W Moore <cwmoore at lowendmac.com> - 2006.07.10

And importantly, his followup at :

http://lowendmac.com/misc/06/0914.html
Using FireWire Target Disk Mode to Install OS X on Macs without DVD Drives

Good luck!
- Bob K.

Message: 8