[iBook] re.: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on dual USB ibook 500 MB

Shawn Harley shawn_harley at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 18 18:52:56 PDT 2007

Janice,

Start the MacBook from the OS X DVD while the iBook is in Target Disk
mode. When you start the installation from the DVD (or CD) this way,
the target disk (iBook) should show as a destination disk.

If you are seeing the OS X install disk on the desktop, then you may
have started from the MacBook HD.

Shawn