[iBook] re.: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on dual USB ibook 500 MB

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Jul 18 21:15:56 PDT 2007

At 10:01 PM -0400 7/18/07, Shawn Harley wrote:
>Janice,
>
>I think it's the same as the pre-Intel Macs. With the DVD in the
>drive, restart the MacBook while holding down the "Option" key, IIRC.
>
>You should get a choice of starting from the DVD or the MacBook HD.
>Select the DVD, then continue with the installation of OS X onto the
>iBook HD (in target disk mode).

I don't think you can do that.  The MacBook should only boot from
IT'S Tiger CD.  AFAIK the retail Tiger won't boot Intel machines.

>Shawn
>

>On Jul 18, 2007, at 9:56 PM, Janice F. Jorgensen wrote:
>
>>how do i start the macbook from osx dvd?  i think that is my
>>problem. thanks  I had seen the osx on the desktop
>>Janice F. Jorgensen
>>janicejorgensenatcharterdotnet

Disk Mode.  Then start the iBook and hold down the option key.  You
should see the iBook HD, MacBook HD and the DVD, select the DVD.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA