[iBook]: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on

Janice F. Jorgensen janicejorgensen at charter.net
Fri Jul 20 07:00:19 PDT 2007

See the red...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Williams" <bwms at bellsouth.net>
To: <ibook at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>; "Janice F. Jorgensen" <janicejorgensen at charter.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [iBook]: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on

In Digest, Vol 35, Issue 4, the person identified as "Janice F.
Jorgensen" <janicejorgensen at charter.net> thoughtfully said:

>Ok..i am stuck.
>I have the ibook with Target disk..
>I have the os x 10.4 disk installed in macbook (this disk is not the
>macbook os x 10.4 version)
>the target disk shows up on my macbook desktop
>the install disk shows up on desktop
>when i open it /click on it.. the only message that comes up is Mac OS x
>10.4 cannot be installon on this machine.
>I am not sure which machine it is referring to...
>How do i get it to know it is to install on the ibook?
>
>I don't get to the select a destination...

Sounds like you are still booting from the MacBook instead of the Install
DVD -- you shouldn't see the MacBook desktop, the Install DVD icon, or
the Target Disk icon, as I recall. Did you restart with the Install DVD
in the MacBook drive, holding down the C key? That will boot from the
DVD, bypassing the MacBook drive, and show you icons of the available
hard drives in a window with those marked with a green down-pointing
arrow indicating where 10.4 can be installed.   it does not bypass the macbook drive.  I have retried holding down C key..... thanks..but ?????????

Janice F. Jorgensen
janicejorgensenatcharterdotnet

--
Selah!
BWms

-= Macintosh: Drinking upstream from the herd... =-