[iBook] migration assisant

Sue Segaard Ssegaard at bcs.k12.oh.us
Wed May 2 11:18:22 PDT 2007

I've used Migration assistant to transfer files from one computer to
another - mainly, user accounts, but you can transfer applications,
volumes and even network setting. It works great! I connected the
computers via a firewire cable, started the unit with the files I wanted
to transfer in the firewire mode (holding down the T key when booting).
Launched the Migration Assistant on the unit to receive files. Followed
the prompts. I recall reading that it is good practice to repair
permissions after using this tool.

Susan Segaard,
Technology Assistant
Benton-Carroll-Salem Schools
ssegaard at bcs.k12.oh.us

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll
understand. - Chinese Proverb