[iBook] Hard Drive for G3 iBook dual usb

Jeremy Hendrix jeremy.hendrix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:53:38 PST 2007

I have an old G3 iBook that I bought used a few years ago.  It's
worked fine until recently.  After many hours spent diagnosing and
troubleshooting, I finally determined that the hard drive had acquired
too many bad sectors to continue to work reliably.  As an interim fix,
I installed SuSE linux to a thumb drive and have been booting from
that...its a workabe solution, but given that we're talking USB 1.1
its incredibly slow.  Can anyone point me to:
-- the specs (i.e. model) of a replacement hard drive AND
-- some sort of how-to on getting into the case without completely
demolishing it?