[iBook] Double layer superdrive

joe joe at joethejuggler.com
Tue Nov 27 09:04:54 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 10:51 AM, James Paul Manley wrote:

> How does one tell if one has a Double layer superdrive?

In Tiger, you go to About this Mac/More Info/Hardware/Disc Burning
and look for supported DVD write formats.  I think you're looking for
"+RW DL".   I think.  I'm pretty sure mine is capable of burning
Double Layer DVDs, but mine only says "+R DL".  (Since single layer
disks are way less than half the price of double layer disks, I see
no point.  You can compress file sizes to fit a regular disk for most
purposes.  If it's so big the compression causes problems, I just use
two disks.)

Joe