[iBook] test

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Wed Apr 2 20:18:11 PDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

> Nope, it's just slow. I passed traffic a few weeks ago when I was
> having an issue with Firefox 3 Beta 3 (now Beta 4) but haven't seen
> anything since until your message. Guess us iBookers are a
> diminishing breed as folks upgrade. Looks like I'll be around for
> awhile until I gather the shekels to upgrade myself.

	Diminishing but not completely gone. I do most of my work on my
MacBook which is approaching two years old now. But I'm glad I decided
not to sell my G4 iBook (800 MHz) when I bought the MacBook. I keep it
in the master bedroom at a desk and it's very handy to access there
and also handy to use on the couch when I just need to web surf or
check e-mail. I bought it in November 2003 and it doesn't make the cut
for Leopard so it's still on Tiger, but that allows me to use my .mac
account to keep both machines synced as far as Address Book, iCal and
Safari Favorites are concerned so I'm happy. And a jump drive allows
me to transfer files quickly so I sometimes even take it out with me
to a bookstore coffee shop to do some writing or editing.
	I imagine it has some life left in it since my September 2001
(September 11, to be exact) G3 iMac is still chugging alone just fine
as well.

Gary