[iBook] McBook White and HDMI

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 17 10:30:00 PDT 2009

The DVI output from MacBook or any Apple laptop does not carry sound,
DVI can input sound to your TV.

However it requires the proper conversion and I do not believe you can
do it from most laptops.

I just plug in some external speakers and it sounds good. If you are
using a multi media system you can plug the audio out into one of the
inputs there are RCA to mini jack cables available.

BG