[iBook] Long Term iBook Storage

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Sun Mar 28 08:49:36 PDT 2010

I just upgraded to a MacBook Pro from my iBook 900 (now over 7 years
old). I want to keep my iBook since it still works just fine but it's
gonna have to go into my storage shed. The battery is shot but
otherwise it's still a functioning machine. It will join a Powerbook
1400 (ca. 1997) in storage.

Is there any "best" or "preferred storage method?

FWIW, I have never had to "put down" a Mac/Apple machine in over 25
years usage of Macs. They are still functioning when it's become time
to upgrade and store the old machines. The only difference this time
is that my faithful iBook will be indefinitely stored in a shed and
subject to the Arizona desert's heat, albeit a dry heat.

Fred Stevens
Arizona desert denizen