[iBook] OS for g3 and g4 ibooks?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 12:54:41 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/22/12 12:20:57 PM, parkblue at gmx.net writes:

> Background: Considering selling the two snowbooks (both maxed out in ram),
> I saw that they bring practically nothing or very little in resale. So
> it's time for a nice fresh install and use them for sofa surfing etc.
> (lifehacker recently called it "toilet surfing". I dunno... a computer there?).

Yeah; a "toilet computer" be definition(!) is FROUGHT with practical,
er.... "difficulties!"   Been, there -- DONE THAT!    :-o

U know, I could get those two "snowbooks" from you, add them to mine(!) and
COMPLETE THAT "NIGHTSTAND MADE COMPLETELY OF IBOOK G3'S(!)" I've been
working on!    ;-)

Yeah, they are getting hard to get rid of these days -- at one time, every
cousin, child of a cousin, child of a friend, child down the street, etc.,
had one of my iBook G3s, 500mhz - 900mhz... and they eventually turned them
all back into me... got about a dozen(!)...

> OS Upgrades: I'm always on the trailing edge, and like it there. On other
> macs (iMac, 13" and 15" as well as a 10" Dell) 10.6 runs happily, and I
> decided, like Fred advised, not to upgrade to 10.7 as long as I can avoid it.

Most of my machines are still in Tiger-land -- I only upgraded my main
machine to Leopard n the past 6 months, and THAT was only because I got a iphone
4gs on by birthday, upgrading it from a iphone 2g!!!

10.7, with its "one copy per child(!)" policy, will probably not see me
until 2014!!!

Craig W.
The Texas’Dawg,

COC Enterprises
PC/Mac Computer Repair, Network Solutions,
Drive Recoveries & Virus Elimination
Specializing in Legal IT Needs

(678) 773-4062 GA
(713) 294-3504 TX