[iMac] G5 iMac

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Wed Dec 8 04:30:41 PST 2004

I joined this list on the 17th of November and I haven't received any
email so I thought I'd post something about me shiny new 20" G5 iMac.

The upshot is; I love it.

I've been using a 667 TiBook so the speed increase is very welcome.
It's also noticeably faster than my daughters 17" G4 iMac.

The screen is a thing of beauty with all pixels present and correct.
The BT keyboard and mouse work flawlessly, but I think I'll replace the
mouse with one of these:
<http://www.macmice.com/themousebt.html>

Just out of interest, I went to the Apple store and spec'd a single 1.8
PowerMac to my iMac specs and I was surprised at how much cheaper the
iMac is. The iMac is a very good package if you don't need masses of
horsepower.

When I first booted it, I thought it a bit loud but, it quieted down
significantly after some hours and a few sleep cycles. It's not silent
but it is very quiet.

It's a very solid machine so the SuperDrive is well damped and disks
that tended to be noisy in other machines, spin smoothly and quietly in
this one. The hard drive is virtually inaudible.

That's my first post.

Is anyone out there?

All the best,
Tom