[iMac] Artifact of using a system cloned from a TiBook

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 29 14:07:16 PST 2004

At 15:53 -0600 29/12/04, Bill Planey wrote:
>On 12/29/04 12:39 PM, "Mark Gibson" <gibsonm at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>  Bill,
>>
>>  Any particular reason why you didn't use the built in transfer
>>  facility now available as part of the setup assistant?
>>
>>  Just join the PB in target disc mode and the utility will copy over
>>  the items you need without writing over the top of the iMac's
>>  software.
>>  --
>>
>>  Regards,
>>
>>  Mark (}-:
>
>I read somewhere that it would not transfer your applications, plus there
>are some passwords in the keychain that I have no way to recreate (like for
>FTP logins) and the only way (I assumed) those settings would survive would
>be via cloning the drive.  I made sure that the apps that were included with
>the iMac were on the included DVD installer disks first.
>
>Bill

Bill,

Well so far I've used it a few times with clients
and its copied everything (Apps, OS 9 Apps,
Documents, User Accounts - including preferences,
keychains, etc.). It lets you pick and choose
what you want from the old machine.

About the only thing it hasn't copied over were
people's preferred printers (i.e. the ones setup
via "Printer Setup Utility").
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:

Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Microsoft©: Sorry, you can't go there. Windows©:
Where was it you wanted to go again? Microsoft©:
If you want to go there, you can't go anywhere
else. -- Harvey Jones