[iMac] Bluetooth problems...

Pat patdart at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 21:50:25 PST 2005

I had to shut down my system due to a thunderstorm here and no, I have
the UPS Backup, but since I was going to be gone and haven't fully got
it operational, I shut it down, and now, after 5 restarts it still
doesn't see it.  I've got to call Apple back and see what the problem
is...they had me try to an 'open  firmware' test earlier and it didn't
work.  So, they told me to call back if it kept happening.  Thank God I
bought a USB mouse and keyboard for my iBook to keep my g'children off
the keyboard...

One has the same problem, do others?  Both of us have models bought in
Dec.  It could be important if there are others with the same
problem...as the fires all seem to be bought in Dec.  Wonder if Apple
will tell me when I have time to call them.  Makes me mad that I can't
make it work with Bluetooth after I paid extra to be without lines...

So, beware, before you buy Bluetooth mice and keyboards...and let's
compare notes about the time we bought them and symptoms.  I'd hate to
wake up and find my house on fire from my newish G5 iMac.  Wonder what
Apple would do if that did happen?
Pat