[iMac] Problems with Safari and Java?

Mike mliii at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 6 21:01:15 PDT 2006

OK, I confess I am stumped. Did the COMBO updater to 10.4.7 and also
did the latest Java update on my Dual Core iMac.
Since updating, Safari (and IE which I don't really use) has had a
terrible time displaying certain multi media files on most websites.
Instead of photos, I get blue boxes with question marks.
Instead of QT clips, I get the Quicktime Q and a question mark.
This is the first real issue I have had updating.
I've emptied caches, run Cocktail, re-applied the Combo updater all
to no avail.
Is this a Java issue?
This is a most annoying problem.
Suggestions?