[iMac] Question about iPhoto

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Fri Jul 28 17:05:59 PDT 2006

Here's a shot in the dark.  I've found with problems on any Mac
running OS X (and this suggestion comes from Apple Tech support) is
restarting with extensions off (Hold down the shift key while
starting)...then reboot.  It repairs a load of problems.
Also, 512 is like the bare minimum to operate with.  I run my G5
desktop with 4 gig of RAM and everything runs fine.  It shouldn't be
a problem that you don't have the latest version of iPhoto but it
sure helps!  Upgrading to iLife '06 is well worth the $79
investment.  Also upgrading to Tiger is a good idea.  10.3 used to
boot up in about 45 seconds from BONG to desktop....Tiger takes about
25-30 seconds.
Updating your software is always a good idea.  Maxing out the RAM on
you Mac is too!

Tim
On Jul 28, 2006, at 7:33 PM, Pat wrote:

> I think i'd have to pay for iLife to do so.  The Help section
> doesn't work either when I try to use it.  Could it be out of date
> and not on the machine?
>
> Pat
> On Jul 28, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Tom Warner wrote:
>

>> On 28 Jul 2006, at 11:37 pm, Pat wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using jpegs in 4.0.3 on my iMac G5 and it hangs after about 6
>>> or 7 pictures in the slideshow.  I only have 512 memory, but it
>>> sounds as tho' that may not be the problem, but how can I find
>>> out?  I have to use the escape option-control-escape to make it
>>> quit.
>>
>> I have 1G of ram and I feel that, generally speaking, more is
>> better but I can't say that's your problem.
>>
>> Can you update your version of iPhoto?
>>

>> All the best,
>> Tom

> stuff: