[iMac] Mail Problems

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun May 20 11:00:19 PDT 2007

You will probably need to set up a new account in your email client
software (Mail.app, Entourage, Outlook, etc.). It would be something
like "patdart2 at suddenlink.net". You might need to submit a new
password (or resubmit your old one) to the tech people at Suddenlink
and configure the account settings with them on the phone line with you.

Quite a few times my ISPs have changed hands, but the transition is
always painless because the buyer will set things up so that all
previous mail addresses would be recognized (but new accounts usually
have to have the changed ISP in the address name.) The takeover
company has obviously not done this (which does not exactly inspire
confidence for the future...).

Good luck...

jg