[iMac] Newbie with viewing distance question

M.Milligan railfan at telus.net
Thu Nov 29 21:57:31 PST 2007

Hello all. I'm new to this list. I've used Mac notebooks for many years
now. Soon we're buying an iMac.

Our concern is the viewing distance required for the 20" & 24" screens.
Is there a minimum viewing distance one should be from the screen?

I want to use the iMac for home computing, web browsing & email and
also for Photo Shop work on my digpix.

Should I max out the ram to 4GB? Is a 20" 2.4GHz clock speed suitable
for digital photo correction and related work, or is there that much of
a difference with the 2.8GHz?

Any help is greatfully accepted. I thank you all in advance. Cheers.

Murray