Slooow response

Ed Hartman suettco at pobox.com
Wed Dec 11 19:07:49 PST 2002

Hi to all--

I'm a bit of an iTunes newbie. I am running iTunes 2.03 on an 8600
running 9.1 and setting up a 'jukebox'. My library is about 16 gigs.
There is a noticible lag when I try to change from the playlists side
to the songs side when I want to, say, choose songs to add to a
playlist. It may take 8 seconds for the program to respond to my
click. Once it is 'set' to the new side the throttle response is
instantaneous. I am running in a 20 meg partition. The 'about this
computer' readout indicates that I am only using half for iTunes.

Is this just the way it is? Thanks in advance.

Ed Hartman