Hi Fi quality

Footie footie at hunter.cz
Thu Apr 3 11:58:01 PST 2003

Greetings to you all from Prague

I am a very recent convert to I-Tunes, and have never downloaded music
files. Mainly because we don't have broadband here yet; and I have just
joined the list. I would appreciate advice regarding the optimisation of
sound quality when burning CDs, and please assume and forgive my zero
technical understanding of the issues involved.

I'd be interested to hear from those who burn CD's to play on a decent hi-fi
system. I have copied a load of my CD's in the MPEG format, and since learnt
that AIFF format gives much better quality when burning to CD. I have also
discovered that you can reconvert MPEG files to AIFF. So my question is, in
terms of sound quality, if you convert a song from MPEG to AIFF, and then
burn to a CD, will I get the same quality result as if I had stored the song
in I-tunes initially as an AIFF file.?

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry if my question sends lots of
eyebrows raising to heavens!

Richard Hunt