[iTunes] Remove Duplicates Script

Steve sw at carolina.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 07:08:46 PDT 2003

> The specific "Remove Duplicates" script can be had here:
>
> <http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/scripts/
> scripts01.shtml#removeduplicates

  The problem I have with this script is that it just removes the
duplicate from a playlist. It doesn't remove the actual file. (of which
I had many)

  I had found another script that would look at 2 selected files and if
they were identical it would remove one of them from your library. This
is what I need, however it would only work once you had selected the 2
files. I would like something that would go through my whole library
automatically.

  I ended up manually deleting all my duplicates, which took a lost less
time than I would have thought. Just scrolling down while cmd-clicking
the ones I saw.

  However, an automatic solution would still be nice.

Steve