iTunes folder on another partition

S. Moussly smoussly at ebla.com.kw
Sun Apr 27 03:18:35 PDT 2003

While I'm at it, I have a question in regards to the iTunes music
folder. I just recently had a very bad experience with my OS X crashing
and having to backup all my documents and music onto CDs, since I only
had one partition on my hard drive (had to learn my lesson the hard
way).

I finally reinstalled OS X on a separate partition, and have all my data
on another. The thing is, when you import music from your data partition
to iTunes, it saved a copy of the songs in the iTunes music folder that
is located under the OS X partition (~/Music/iTunes). Which in this
case, I will have two copies of each song on my hard drive. Is there a
way where you can have only one iTunes folder on a different partition?

Thanks in advance.

Sam