[iTunes] Best way to re-capture into AAC?

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 07:45:13 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 03:05PM, Jeremy Kezer <itunes at kezer.net> wrote:

>I'm intrigued by the new AAC support in iTunes 4.0/iPod 1.3 software,
>and I'll probably re-capture some of my CD's into it in order to cram
>more songs onto my iPod.  But I'd like to preserve tags, play count,
>last played, etc.  Does anybody know an easy way of doing that?
>
>Thanks,

Yes,I would have liked to preserve those too. When you rip CDs into AAC, there is a "replace" option, which I have not tried. I'm guessing that it just replaces the old tracks and doesn't transfer the tags from the old MP3s to the AACs. Apple should provide an option for this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like it does. :(

Adam