Sound Check vs. dock

Steve Martin martin at metronet.com
Fri Aug 22 21:54:16 PDT 2003

I just discovered that Sound Check has no effect on the iPod 3G line
output (dock, Belkin car adapter, etc.)

That is a real disappointment as my music has lots of volume variation.
  Now I can't enjoy the convenience of the docks and the feature of
volume equalization.  I must always connect the audio to the headphone
output and not the line level.

To add insult to injury I just discovered that the NaviPod IR remote I
just bought (which was why I was using the dock finally) has a bad
headphone jack passthrough (right channel only) so I've got to exchange
it.

--
Steve Martin                              http://www.cheezmo.com/
Smart Calibration, LLC           http://www.smartcalibration.com/