Moving and combining music folders, libraries

James Rohde jimrcgmo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 28 20:01:23 PST 2003

On 12/28/03 7:15 AM, Kevin wrote:

>The easy way to do this if I understand your question correctly is:
>
>Under the iTunes/Preferences/Advanced set the music folder to the one you
>want
>Click Advanced/Consolidate Library
>iTunes will copy all the songs from the one directory to the one you just
>set and then you can use the Finder to delete the folder or files that were
>copied.
>
>This method will leave all playlists and data intact.  Do not move the files
>in the Finder or you will lose all the stuff you have worked so hard
>creating.

What's the earliest version of iTunes in which you can do this? I ask
because I'm running under MacOS 9.2.2 (I know, I know...). I lost some
playlists in the process of trying to move/install my iTunes on a
different drive, so this could be useful to me, depending on how
version-specific this tip is.

Thanks,

Jim