[iTunes] unwanted clips between tracks

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Tue Feb 4 16:23:37 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, A Marshall wrote:

> hello list,
>
> bit of a problem regarding gabs between tracks, i've got a couple of
> 'mixed' albums that i burned as separate tracks, but on playing them in
> iTunes i get a slight click between tracks ( i know now about the 'join
> CD tracks' option, but i don't have the CD's anymore) is there anyway
> to play the tracks smoovely?
>
> i thought about burning them to CD without a gap between the tracks
> then importing them with the join CD tracks option, but i've got a
> feeling this won't work.
>
> regards,
> `a

If the click is a couple milli-seconds of track 2 (for example) at the end
of track one, just select the song, press command-I and click the options
tab. shave off a bit of time in the "stop time" field.

Another thing to try is to play with the crossfade settings, in
preferences, under effects.

Hope this helps,

Allan