[iTunes] re-evaluate the sound levels?

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Mon Feb 24 06:00:46 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Greg wrote:

>     Just wondering, since some of my songs are still noticeably
> louder/softer than others...
> Is there anyway to have iTunes re-evaluate the sound levels of all the
> songs?

One sure-fire way to do it is to delete the song from your library and
then re-add it. I don't think  it will do any good - the algorthm is the
same, and if the file is the same, it should come up with the same result.

You can go to the options tab of a song or group of song's info and tweak
the volume adjustment slider.  That's probably your best bet if it isn't a
huge number of songs.

Allan