[iTunes] Re: unknown album folder

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jan 26 17:18:03 PST 2003

When you are going to rip a CD:
1. connect to the internet if you don't have a permanent broadband
connection.
2. insert the CD
3. Under the Advanced menu pull down to "Get CD Track Names" and wait
for the CDDB website to return your track, artist and album
information. Sometimes the track names are reversed with the artist
name esp in compilations. But otherwise everything should be OK. If the
CDDB is wrong, after you make the tag changes, pull down the "Submit CD
Track Names" to send your corrections back to the CDDB to help them
keep track of what the tags should be.
4. Make sure you have set your iTunes Music Folder Location to where
you want it with the Preferences...Advanced pane. Also check "Keep
iTunes Music Folder Organized" but NOT "Copy files to iTunes Music
folder when adding to library".
5. Also make sure you have checked "Create File Names With Track
Numbers" in the Import preference pane.
6. When you rip, the appropriate folder hierarchy will be placed in the
folder of your choice with the tracks listed in proper order.