Can install iTunes 4 without changing iTunes 3?

Henri drev at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 21 18:41:16 PDT 2003

I'd like to install iTunes 4 and start experimenting with the new
format to find my preferences. I have about 15 gigs of MP3s recorded
at 192 in my current iTunes 3 and synch it often to my wife's iPod (
5 gig) and my own 10 gig, to change music collections. (I am saving
the 20gig for AAC's, wife gets the 10 gig and the 5 becomes an
emergency disk once the whole plan works out). I am short on time
these days so I want minimum complications and confusion, since I
anticipate mutiple copies of same songs recorded at various bitrates
as I experiment with 4.

When I go to install iTunes 4, the only option I see is to upgrade.
So I quit and query the list. Do I need to "hide" the iTunes 3
somewhere? Do I need an external disk? (No room for another
partition).

This query may sound familiar. I posted it once and repsonse was I
didn't need to do it. Well, I've thought it over and I do want to do
it this way. Can you advise?