[iTunes] Re: Preserving Playlists

Kevin at RogueHouse.com Kevin at RogueHouse.com
Sun Jun 1 10:59:32 PDT 2003

As best I can see, the scripts are quite limited in how they
Handle duplicates and either you have to find two files and highlight them
to run a comparison test and then delete one, or only the library file is
amended, the song file not actually removed from the hard drive.

I would love to see a script which does a pass over the entire library and
identifies possible doubles which you can then delete from the hardrive or
keep.  It would ideally be automated so that you could elect to chose
further matching files similarly like the import function in iPhoto.

Many thanks to all for their input.

Kevin