[iTunes] Re: Preserving Playlists

Alvin Koh alvinkoh at mac.com
Sun Jun 1 18:21:19 PDT 2003

Yes I did notice my OLD music locations listed in the Library file as well, since that was a that I did not migrate my songs the proper way. Rather I just pointed to a new folder and dragged on the songs into iTunes.

If I recall correctly the Library consists of 2 parts. The first part contains the Artist, Album, Genre, etc for each song. The second part contains the playlists. So if you delete the Library, you basically lose everything. All the more reason to make sure the Library is backed up regularly.

Alvin