Itunes corrupting it's library

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Fri Jun 13 12:34:13 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Upon occasion (rare occasion but more than twice so far) my Mac has crashed
or frozen while iTunes was running.  Probably this was unrelated to iTunes
but when I restart iTunes has corrupted it's library - it will not launch
saying "This is not a valid Library..."

Trashing the Library will allow iTunes to launch but then I'll have to
re-import all of the songs and  create my play lists all over again.  I have
many songs and  playlists and this can take several hours.

My questions are:
-Is there any way to recover a corrupt playlist?

-Is there a way to prevent it in the first place?  I could make a back up of
it every time I change my library (yuck) it' about 5Mb.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Flynn