[iTunes] Ipod 3G..

Alastair Reynolds alastair.reynolds at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 21 02:47:05 PDT 2003

First thing to try is a soft reset. Had you left the iPod connected it
was just about to do this itself. It's kinda like a reboot for the pod
and it needs to do this to complete the installation of the new
firmware.

To do this you first turn the Hold switch on and then off again. Then
you hold down the Menu and Play/Pause buttons until the apple logo
appears on the screen. This should take about 5 seconds.
The manual states that the pod should be connected to the charger while
you are doing this but I'm sure I've done it without.

If that doesn't work you will have the re-connect the iPod to your
computer and run the update again (the update should have installed
itself in folder labelled "iPod Software 2.0.1 Updater" within the
Applications -> Utilities folder. First you could try the Update again
to save your data and if that doesn't work you will have to run the
Restore option which will wipe all the data.

Hope this helps,
Alastair