[iTunes] Sharing library in OSX

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Sat Jun 21 17:20:31 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 08:14  PM, iTunesList wrote:

> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:10:20 +0100
> Subject: [iTunes] Sharing library in OSX
> From: Andrew Nye <andrew at nye.tc>
>
> How do I share my library with another user on the same computer,
> without copying all the songs?
>
> I've set up the library location for the second user as the main user's
> iTunes folder, but nothing shows in user 2's library.
>
> I'm sure there is an obvious way to do this, but what is it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

In the Preferences>Advanced Menu, set a common location.  It might be a
network share, it might be local on one computer, you decide.   Oh
wait, that is a network question.

OK, quick answer.  be the main user of the iTunes, set permisssions of
the main user's directory accordingly, then as the secondary user, use
the advanced menu to not use the secondary local account, but the one
of the main user path.

I run mine off of a network so others can chime in on local user versus
secondary user.  This is all very do-able if permissions are set
correctly I would think.

Erik Gilchrist
973.462.8513 _NEW_
973.568.0817 -old-
mailto:erikgil at metagrafix.com
d e s i g n . d e v e l o p . d e l i v e r
:::::::: http://www.metagrafix.com
:::::::: http://www.metagrafix.com/2003/ (New look for 2003?)
:::::::: http://www.erikgilchrist.com
:::::::: http://www.kaitlyngilchrist.com