ID3 tags won't stay changed!?

The G greg at blink45.com
Mon Jun 30 19:07:05 PDT 2003

    I have an interesting problem. There are a handful of MP3s I have
that simply do NOT want to let their tag info stay changed. Whenever I
change any of the info (artist name, song name, album, artwork,
etc...), it appears to work fine (all the info updates visibly in
iTunes). HOWEVER, the next time I try to play the song, all the info
reverts back to the original ID3 tags. Highly frustrating, to say the
least! The dog munched the CD, so re-ripping isn't really an option
(and I didn't much like the soundtrack, so I am not inclined to
spending $18 on it again).
    I'd be very interested in hearing any and all theories, no matter
how looney!!  =;-)

TIA,
____________________________
"I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any
preaching."
      - Ralph Waldo Emmerson

_______________________
  - Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but
don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
  - If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
  - Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll
squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

__________________
Creativity makes a leap, then looks to see where it is.
      - Mason Cooley

Creativity:
    An organization that is committed to creative collaborative will
ride the wave of the future.
    They will go beyond the realm of assumptive thinking and welcome the
dawn of innovation...
    because there is nothing more empowering than an idea whose time has
come.