[iTunes] iTunes Sharing Through Airport Extreme

Joe Ferguson jobobike at macvillage.net
Mon May 5 06:47:20 PDT 2003

Thank you for your responses. Here is the information that you have
requested.
1.I'm still am unable to share my music with the firewall turned off.
2.The sharing pane is enabled in iTunes.
3.I have created ports 3689 on both my Mac and with my Airport Base.
(Public and Private ports on the Airport Base.)
I entered the port number for the base and did not see any other options.

So just to recap I can listen to other people's music. I can share iTunes
via Rendezvous with my wife's Mac. We are using Airport Extreme with a DSL
service. My wife's iMac is connected to through Airport base and I am
wireless with my 12" Powerbook.

> There is a similar discussion on the apple student dev list just now...
> my guess is that there is another port required for transmission...
May I have the link to that discussion?
Thank you in Advance,

Joe Ferguson
12" PowerBook Combo 640MB OS 10.2.5
Airport Extreme installed with Extreme base