[iTunes] iPod Old or New?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri May 16 15:48:57 PDT 2003

For those of you who are switching to the new model iPod or are fist
time adopters with the new model:

I love my new "old" 20GB iPod. Tell me honestly, are there certain
features of the new one that really won you over to the new model? I've
put 10.2.6 and 9.2.2 on this 20 and it runs beautifully as a hard
drive. What size new model did you buy? MacWarehouse.com is selling
brand new 20's for $294.95 each.

<http://www2.warehouse.com/
product.asp?dept%5Fid=6307&cat=mac&pf%5Fid=ACC5888&blind=>

I'm trying to decide between another 20 or a new 10 for my DJ work. Is
the brief pause still apparent between tracks in the new model? Or do
you not listen to electronica compilations that are intended to be
heard without pauses between tracks?

I love the standard FW port on the "old" models. I don't like the
proprietary slot connector on the BOTTOM of the new ones because it is
inaccessible when the iPod is in its case. But the new slot connector
may have hidden capabilities like audio IN that Apple isn't telling us
about yet.

Any thoughts?