[iTunes] Re: Album covers

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue May 20 10:25:30 PDT 2003

Isn't the album folder the logical holding tank for related images? I
know nothing about what you "have to" do. And I don't understand the
context in which you would "just drag the image over the album title".
What album title where in what window of what mode from what unrelated
location?

I am dead set against dragging images from browsers without knowing
their size by first downloading them and looking at their size
specification. I've seen unnecessarily BLOATED images that are 300k
look exactly like images that are 8k. Drop one of those 300k covers
into your Artwork window and you will have permanently increased the
size of a 10 track album by 3MB. No thank you. I'll take the 80k
increase instead with an 8k image. You understand that if you delete
artwork from an mp3 tag that the size of the file will not decrease? So
once you have "accidentally" dropped an oversized cover JPEG or TIFF
into your album's artwork window, the resulting increase in each
track's file size is irrevocably increased by that image'a size.

The Amazon.com images range in the 20k-50k size.

Smaller images that look the same are found on
<http://www.allmusic.com>.