Burning CD-RWs with iTunes4

Adam Ruben adampirg at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 06:21:55 PDT 2003

I can burn CDs fine with iTunes4, either cd-r or
CD-RW. But when I burn a CD-RW (which my stereo can
read fine), I find I can't erase the disk (with disk
utilities) and burn it again. I've successfully done
that in the past (I think after burning with an older
version of iTunes, but I'm not certain). Does anyone
know if iTunes4 somehow "finishes" the CD-RW in a way
that prevents it from being and rewritten? if so, is
there a way to turn this feature off, or can someone
suggest another program that can do this? (I can burn
in the finder but don't know how to burn audio disks,
as opposed to mp3 disks).

I'm using an iBook, OS 10.2.6, and the built-in burner
(can burn CDs and read but not write DVDs). Thanks for
any help!