[iTunes] ip addresses

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Thu May 22 11:24:59 PDT 2003

On 5/22/03 12:27 PM, "David Wilson" <wilson at brandeis.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way to put an ip address permanently in the playlist window?
> I emailed myself my ip, and got the remote itunes to work, but is there
> a way to include
> the address within itunes somewhere permanently?

Not that I know of, but I found a workaround last night. I downloaded
iTunesRemoteManager <http://homepage.mac.com/jsumnertx/iTunesRemoteManager/>
after reading about it on macosxhints.com. You can plug in the IP address or
hostname of frequently accessed shared iTunes libraries. Just double-click
on the one you want (you can load several) and iTunes will open with that
library available.

My router (SMC Barricade 7004AWBR) apparently doesn't route whatever it is
that Rendezvous needs, so my wired iMac upstairs doesn't show up when I use
my TiBook downstairs, unless I connect to it by IP address. Now, with
iTunesRemoteManager, I have the iMac loaded and just double-click on it to
open iTunes and have the iMac show up in my TiBook's playlist.

Mark