[iTunes] Re: New iPods Accessories

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu May 22 13:19:57 PDT 2003

STOP!!!!! I just got the 30GB iPod at Dell for $404.10 including FREE
shipping.

Here's how you too can do it. Call Dell Sales Rep Eddie Elam at
800.879.3355 x 62573. If you don't call Eddie, you may not be able to
get this deal. A MacInTouch reader report from a man named James
Faughnan was put up on Macintouch.com last Saturday that he got the 30
for $405 from Dell (actually it's $404.10 including FREE shipping).
Unfortunately, he didn't include any information as to how he did it. I
Googled his name and found an email address on a website that was in
his name. I emailed him pleading for details on how he did it Sunday.
He didn't reply until Wednesday night and said the deal was over and
that he had gotten a tip from a DealMac reader last week. So I
investigated that site and found the code on DealCoupon.com. But by
last night the Dell website wouldn't complete the deal even though I
had both the product description page and My Cart page showing the deal
with the coupon code (thanks to Safari's Tabs and OS X's stability).
30GB iPod GONE. No longer a Dell part number. That was late last night.
Dell's phone order system closed until this morning.

This morning I spent 2.5 hours on the phone all over Dell Small
Business Sales from Tennessee to Bombay India. I finally wound up with
Eddie in Waco TX Home Sales who had the brilliant idea of looking up
James Faughnan's order and was able to transfer his quote to my new
order for the same deal price. I doubt you will find anyone else at
Dell to do this for you. But I believe Eddie will. Call him and tell
him I sent you. My order number is 359323343 and my name is Taylor
Barcroft (not Kunga). He should be able to move my quote from James'
quote on to other orders. If he can't do it nobody can. Believe me. I
was about to give up when he saved me at the last minute.