[iTunes] Re: New iPods Accessories

Ron Skinner rskinner at lvcm.com
Fri May 23 15:58:48 PDT 2003

On 5/23/03 1:33 PMS. Moussly wrote:

> Anyone tried the Sennheiser PX200? They seem pretty slick
>
> http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=002008
> 0020
>
> I looked into the Kross KSC35...the sound may sound great, but not much in
> favor with the design. I had similar headphones and they were a bit
> uncomfortable.
>
> Sam

The Sennheiser PX-series are getting mixed reviews from the headphone
community. I haven't tried them personally, but I do own a wide range of
Senns. This was my favorite marque for many years. Headphone.com is a first
rate company and I've bought from them several times myself. Nice people and
good products, but often a tad expensive.

The KSC-35s use the same driver as the PortaPros and are actually quite
comfortable. The clip portion isn't spring loaded as it is in many similar
designs. I own both of these, and find the KSC-35s to be a tad more comfy,
partly due to their extremely light weight. YMMV.

Another choice that many Head-Fiers prefer is the Sony D66 Eggos. The only
US source that I'm aware of is audiocubes.com where they sell for about $90.
These have gotten rave reviews from several quarters and can be easily
driven by the iPod without an amp.

Ron