[iTunes] Re: New iPods Accessories

Ron Skinner rskinner at lvcm.com
Fri May 23 18:24:17 PDT 2003

On 5/23/03 4:41 PMS. Moussly wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Sony's seem to have good reviews. A bit big to
> carry around though. I am looking more into something portable, stylish with
> good sound (a bit picky arent we?).
>
> I am no professional with sound quality, but a fanatic when it comes to
> electronic music. I liked the Etymotics, but it is way over my budget.
>
> audiocube.com has the new Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 Ear-Fitting Headphone. Cant
> really categorize as "portable", but has a nice way in storing it. On the
> other hand, I also checked out the Sony MDR-EX71SL Fontopia Earphone. Don¹t
> know anything about it, but it seemed to have great reviews.

If you aren't bothered by earbuds, you might want to check out the Sony
E888s. I'm not an earbud fan, but these are the best I've heard. I think I
paid about $70 for them three years ago.

Speaking of buds, the earbuds included with the first generation iPods were
relatively poor, but those provided with the last two iPod iterations are
actually fairly good--for earbuds.

The EX71 is the new version of the EX70. I haven't heard it, but I do own
the EX70s which received accolades from many sources. Simply put, these are
the worst of the more than two dozen 'phones I own. I'm a big fan of Sony's
better headphones, but I'd avoid the EX-series.

I haven't tried AT's EM7 model, but several of my fellow headphone addicts
have them. The enchantment ends quickly, and the word is they are almost
totally devoid of useful bass response. Actually, I'm especially fond of
most of Audio-Technica's offerings. My W2002 is among my most prized
possessions.

Ron