[iTunes] Speakers for desktop

Robert Meadors rmeadors at mac.com
Sat May 24 09:01:44 PDT 2003

Had them for over 2 years and thought I loved the sound. I heard the
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system, purchased them and *gave* the Soundsticks
away!! The low end is *leaps and bounds* above the Soundsticks. USB
audio is more headache than pleasure. Sound sometimes drops out under
heavy processor load and it slows things down a tiny bit as USB uses
the processor. The Klipsch system has its own volume adjustment,
separate sub control, headphone output and aux input all on your
desktop within your reach. To boot, they are cheaper than the
Soundsticks. Go to your local Comp USA and take a listen. I'm sure you
will change your mind.

Chris